Faux fur can be delicate and can show wear if rested against or sat upon for prolonged periods, this friction will reduce the lifespan of your faux fur products. If you have pets and children, then your faux fur products may become a little more worn looking but it’s not impossible to rectify.
How can you prolong the lifespan of your Faux Fur products?
You should try to avoid washing your faux fur products wherever possible. As a first resort, try:
- Brushing the surface of the fur with a soft-bristled brush, going with the grain. This will remove surface level dirt & debris, and will also prevent matting. Consequently, it will keep the fur looking nicer without having to wash it.
- Spot cleaning – Cover the stained area with a mild detergent, and gently run with your fingers. Avoid rubbing too hard, and rinse the area with cold water and leave to dry.
If your faux fur absolutely needs to be washed, bear in mind the following advice:
- Katrina Hampton faux fur products are hand or machine washed at 30 degrees. Use only mild detergents, and ensure that you gently brush the fur after washing to retain the pile.
- Air dry the faux fur product in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not apply heat to dry, as this will case the fibres to shrink and may leave the fur with a ‘shrivelled’ appearance.
- Do not tumble dry, or locate near a radiator or other head source, as the heat will be too high for the fibres.
- Our faux fur products can be dry cleaned using the specialist cool dry-cleaning process.
If you have any doubts at all about how best to care for your Katrina Hampton products, you should contact our support team for specialist advice and recommendations.